That's funny! If they put an accent "aigu" on the first "e" then the word in French means march or parade. "Défile" -- a "défilé de mode" means a fashion show. I guess a tiny line makes a huge difference!
Ahh ha! Thanks. It makes a lot more sense now. Indeed, what a difference a small accent can make! Imagine, and they thought they were so fancy using a french word an all. Opps!
3 comments:
That's funny! If they put an accent "aigu" on the first "e" then the word in French means march or parade. "Défile" -- a "défilé de mode" means a fashion show. I guess a tiny line makes a huge difference!
Ahh ha! Thanks. It makes a lot more sense now. Indeed, what a difference a small accent can make! Imagine, and they thought they were so fancy using a french word an all. Opps!
That is hilarious. Glad I read the comments to realize what they were probably trying to say. Now the world seems a little more innocent again.
Post a Comment