Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Portobello Road

No girlcation would be complete without a market street shopping spree. I was a little worried that we wouldn't get some hard core shopping done. It wasn't until the final day that our trip was complete.


Around the corner from our apartment in Notting Hill is Portobello Road. On Saturdays, it is shopping at its finest. Items that are sold range from antiques, leathers, clothing to fruit. It is miles of pure shopping heaven. We spend the entire day going from one end of the street to the other, and thanked heavens that our husbands weren't there to rush us along. A true girlcation.









The final English spoils

Next time you are in London on a Saturday, leave your husband at home and cruise Portobello Road. You will not regret it!

1 comment:

Boquinha said...

All caught up! I've been behind on my blog reading. I always enjoy yours -- not only because your lives are so interesting, but because of how you relate it in words.

Your kids are so cute, Axel is crazy talented, and you are as beautiful as ever. We miss you guys! We've sent more friends over to your blog again recently.

Your London trip looks fabulous and I love that you stayed in Notting Hill. I think it's great that you have friends so willing to pull something like that together. That's often the trickiest part -- finding people who are WILLING. Thanks for all the great posts!