Next week is our last week of preschool. When it was my final turn to teach my friend asked, "Are you sad?" My gut reaction was, "Heck no!" But when all the kids drove off and I packed up the preschool bin, there was a moment of sadness. I am actually going to really miss the group of kids we have. They all get along and they can each quote each other's favorite color. There is a sweet bond between all of them and it has been magical to witness.
What I didn't know was this week was Amber's turn to teach but due to a snafu with her visa for China, I got to teach again. There wasn't a lot of teaching. More like, wrestling, jumping, duck-duck-goosing, and princess playing. I enjoyed myself so much I wondered who had more fun--me or the kids.
I can't help but wonder where the kids will be 18 years from now. After an unlikely connection in Doha, where to next? Their little lives are exceptional already, and as social networking has become the norm, I have a feeling there will be a connection between them for many years to come.
I board a plane in three hours for Beijing, China. Two of the girls could not come (much, much, much to my dismay), so it will be an Ambercation instead of a girlcation. Stay tuned for a report on Peking duck and the Forbidden City.
2 comments:
lol, my kids look like HEATHENS!!!!!! K...I totally had a similar post a few days ago. Great minds think alike, duh! :)
We missed you at book club. And we will miss you and Amber while you are away. Have fun for all of us and please yell my name to the Chinese landscape as you gaze off of the Great Wall.
Post a Comment