
Heavah decided that it was not sufficient to have only one day for Mother's Day so she made a week out of the holiday. I found booby trap presents and love letters address to me all over the home. It was something special. It was the first year my oldest child really got the meaning of Mother's Day. I think this is something I could get used to. She was also miffed that she had to go to school on Mother's Day. The horror. 'People in America don't have to go to school on this important holiday, why do I?' I told her that moms in the Middle East need the day off from their kids, so school is part of the reward. She didn't buy it.
In the evening I got an HD camcorder from the family, which was ironic because as I was opening the gift I thought, 'This is such a great moment, I wish I had a better way to record it'. Ta Dah! Axel is the greatest husband in the world. It was expensive and thoughtful.
I also dropped the bomb that I am thinking of going on another girlcation to China. It is the true test of his love. He smiled said, 'Okay, but be safe'.
Man, I am liking this Mother's Day thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment