If you find yourself needing to use the bathroom at Thai Snack (arguably the best and cheapest restaurant in Doha) you may have to heed to this warning. How you would do so is anyone's guess.
I am pretty sure I would not throw away the toilet pipes. Because I would not be TOUCHING the toilet pipes. What are the toilets like over there? Sounds very frightening.
Megan - Seriously? How did you miss it? It was near the message rooms. Ummmm....garbage bins, toilet pipes and messages. How would you fee?
Christine - Toilets vary drastically here. In some of the older areas you will still find a 'hole in the floor' stall. But, overall, they aren't bad. In fact, some of them are cleaner than back in the US. I am kind of the wrong person to ask because my standards declined radically since I lived in Nepal. Visiting a Nepali bathroom is an out-of-body experience.
I went on a few dates with Micah back in the day. I recall one of our dates was visiting Steve Young's ward. I don't remember much more than that, but I do have some old home videos of us together. I have no idea where those videos are, but they do exist. It was one of those friend of a friend of a friend situations. Maybe mission companions? I can't remember. You must tell him I say hello. I think I saw him on one of your posts long ago. That is how I made the connection. The world is so small in the blogosphere.
I'm liking these shorter posts...I did that for awhile, but ran out of creativity and inspiration when I moved to Doha...somehow you are finding it! You are amazing.
I felt like I was cross-eyed trying to read that sign. I could not make it make sense to me. lol I can't wait for you to compile all of your sign pictures together and make a book or a calendar with it. That would be hilarious!!
haha! i love it. i laughed so hard and read it to my hubby to see if he could understand it any better than i could. nope! thanks for sharing the laughs.
I haven't dared go into that bathroom yet, so thanks for sharing this. I can't believe you don't understand this sign though. You probably have to be in Doha a little longer to get the translation. :)
8 comments:
lolololol...how have I not seen that sign?
I am pretty sure I would not throw away the toilet pipes. Because I would not be TOUCHING the toilet pipes. What are the toilets like over there? Sounds very frightening.
P.S. How do you know Micah?
Megan - Seriously? How did you miss it? It was near the message rooms. Ummmm....garbage bins, toilet pipes and messages. How would you fee?
Christine - Toilets vary drastically here. In some of the older areas you will still find a 'hole in the floor' stall. But, overall, they aren't bad. In fact, some of them are cleaner than back in the US. I am kind of the wrong person to ask because my standards declined radically since I lived in Nepal. Visiting a Nepali bathroom is an out-of-body experience.
I went on a few dates with Micah back in the day. I recall one of our dates was visiting Steve Young's ward. I don't remember much more than that, but I do have some old home videos of us together. I have no idea where those videos are, but they do exist. It was one of those friend of a friend of a friend situations. Maybe mission companions? I can't remember. You must tell him I say hello. I think I saw him on one of your posts long ago. That is how I made the connection. The world is so small in the blogosphere.
I'm liking these shorter posts...I did that for awhile, but ran out of creativity and inspiration when I moved to Doha...somehow you are finding it! You are amazing.
I felt like I was cross-eyed trying to read that sign. I could not make it make sense to me. lol
I can't wait for you to compile all of your sign pictures together and make a book or a calendar with it. That would be hilarious!!
haha! i love it. i laughed so hard and read it to my hubby to see if he could understand it any better than i could. nope! thanks for sharing the laughs.
I haven't dared go into that bathroom yet, so thanks for sharing this. I can't believe you don't understand this sign though. You probably have to be in Doha a little longer to get the translation. :)
Awesome. You should totally submit that to one of those blogs/sites that mocks such things.
Post a Comment