Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday and Stuff

Happy B-day, hun.

We did not eat here today. In fact this was two months ago. Instead, it is just a little reminder that I did love him more than the Sbarros pizza we ate on his special day.

I have no excuse.

I cannot peg why it is has been so hard for me to pull back into the blogosphere. Boredom? Laziness? Global Warming? Political unrest? Charlie Sheen's winning?

The only other reason I can think of is Axel and I are searching for a home in Utah. (Not to live in. It will be an investment only. We are taking advantage of the housing market. Trying to be grown up and all). The process has been arduous. Axel and I have spent countless hours searching the MLS to narrow our search down to over 50 possible homes. Ugh. After house #10 they all start looking the same, be it in South Jordan or Alpine. The only difference is the square footage and proximity to a temple.

The one entertaining part about home searching in Utah is finding the hidden polygamist gems on the market like this beauty. The real fun is trying to guess how many sister wives lived there and how they fed their 40 children in that tiny kitchen.

Anywhoo....

Axel's birthday was today. We didn't party too hard because in two days I am flying with Heavah to Utah to look at homes until my eyes are sore. My trip will be the following: Damman, Saudi Arabia to Amsterdam, Netherlands to Detroit, Michigan to SLC. Yes folks, that is almost 30 hours of travel time. Happy B-day, hun. I love you that much.

See you on the other side....

4 comments:

James said...

Happy b-day to Axel! James just spent two months in the Netherlands and traveled via Detroit to SLC. I hope your trip goes smoothly. I'm sure you'll be busy while you are in UT, but call if you have time to meet for lunch/come for dinner. It would be great to see you!

Megan said...

Great. Now I am seriously craving sushi. But on to more important things, I hope Axel had a great birthday! Best of luck on the house hunting! If you can't find anything then maybe we should all go in and make that poly house a girlcation/famcation retreat.

Dianna said...

It's too bad we aren't on the same flight. Ours goes to Paris from here then direct to Salt Lake. The return trip is more like the one you guys are on though. Happy Birthday to Axel! That house you linked to is a hoot. There is one in West Bountiful that looks almost exactly like that.

so jeles said...

Ok, so that crazy huge house with 7 bathrooms..i so hope you put an offer in on it ;) That is fabulous, think of the possibilites there!! enjoy the house hunting and the USA :)