Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Dead Sea Easter


We went to Jordan during the Easter holidays. How about that? Not only did we get to see an incredibly beautiful country, but we also got to see our great friends the Pettys. It was bliss on so many levels.

There were so many highlights, but the Dead Sea resort we stayed at over Easter ranked pretty high. However, Asa may disagree. There was a duet of screams from him and Sedona after they got 'mudded'. Asa loves mud, but apparently not salty mud. Sheer torture I tell you.

Why?

Axel was convinced the mud would heal the itchy rash he has contended with for over 4 months now. We think he is allergic to soap. All of his clothing has to be washed in water and he uses antibacterial liquid for his morning shower. I am not sure if the Dead Sea goodness has healed him completely, but his temporary lizard man look make me think he was a villain in a DC comic book and that was totally awesome.

I was going for the Mystique look (or rotting flesh).
Xavier loved being buoyant and seemed to enjoy the water the most. I have to admit, the idea of a large body of water without any slimy fish swiping by my leg was awesome. It made up for the fact that every cut on my body burned. Xavier also astutely asked, 'Why do they have a line out there? No one can drown and there aren't any sharks."



While playing in the pools and Dead Sea the Easter Bunny just happened to visit our hotel rooms. Not only did he bring goods, he brought extra sweet American goods, which is the best kind. I have a feeling the candies had to travel a long way to get to Jordan and weighed a ton. It is just a guess.
The hunt

Asa's favorite activity was killing ants. It entertained him for hours and hours, and I must stay, he is pretty good at it. He was also an excellent observer from the safety of his own umbrella, with sand, and a stash of candy, away from the water, the burning water, that inflicts pain, that only crazy people go into.

2 comments:

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

looks like an egg-cellent Easter! We spent ours in church ignoring that it was Easter Sunday. Go figure!

Dianna said...

Aveeno Oatmeal baby wash cream is what I had to use on Abbey when she was allergic to soap. She also hated the burn of the Dead Sea . . . hmmm.