1. The simplicity of the Buddhist monuments and temples.
We stayed at the Grand Hotel in Nuwara Eliya. It was built in 1821. As you walked through the corridors you could really feel that there were some interesting things that happened in the hotel. As Axel said, 'Someone has definitely been murdered here, no question.' Sweet dreams, kids.
I LOVE the East Coast and the old Colonial style. Nuwara Eliya was the perfect mix of exotic living and British traditional style. It is a quaint city in the hills of central Sri Lanka that was used as a vacation getaway for the Colonialists to avoid the heat of Colombo. A must see in Sri Lanka.
Downtown Nuwara Eliya
Kandy
4. Open markets and interesting smells.



5. Exotic and natural beauty.




A meat house
A place is always great if orchids can grow in the open air
Sorry if my blogs appear manic and unorganized lately. Blogger is acting up and I'd rather get this recorded with flaws than not recorded at all. I am painfully aware of all the imperfections, but I embrace imperfection. Obviously.
1 comment:
1. I love your blog, the pictures are always so amazing. I envy you your amazing travels.
2. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment