
Asa just turned two! How has my baby been part of my life for two years? I remember the first two years of Heavah's life. I savored every single moment. I anticipated every milestone and recorded her every move. After having 4 kids in such a short period of time, I feel like I am in a whirling tunnel barely noticing the changes as they pass me by. This is especially true with my
last one. Asa begins to talk and I think, 'Already'? Asa doesn't sleep as long during his naps and I think, "Really, so soon?" Asa starts interacting and socializing with other children and I think, "He must be brilliant!" Then I realize, "Um, no. He's TWO. It is about time."
This may be the reason why Asa is such a strong personality. He must make himself known to all those around him. He is obviously the youngest of 4 other strong personalities. He will not put up with any crap; and, at times, he will fight to the death to get what he wants. And with all this strength in his personality, he still finds ways to charm us all.

His birthday was a little boring, but we showered him with love. He was free from the 'time out' corner and we didn't even complain about his smelly poops. He got tons of Chinese breakable toys and even had turkey bacon for breakfast. His favorite gift was a tacky helium dolphin that he insisted was a shark. It was as much fun as a two year old could handle.

His cuteness knows no bounds and we love his fat gut and his freakishly tanned skin. I love you Asa and despite the fact that your many milestones were ignored, our love for you is forever noticed in our hearts every single day!
No comments:
Post a Comment