Monday, August 23, 2010

Fight 'da Food


I have been going through the painful process of trying to potty train Asa. In other words, I constantly linger in close proximity to the bathroom while my wiggly son runs around looking malnourished and sickly. My tactic is to fill his little mouth with as much fiber cookies and juices as his little body can handle. Talk about potty, insert cookie, pour juice, and repeat.

His reluctance to sit on the potty was beginning to drive me insane. I knew he had to do his business and so did he. It was a battle against wills and he had won one too many times. In a moment of desperation I bribed my two year old with my iPhone. Just the day before, he learned how to play the highly sophisticated game, Fruit Ninja, and it was the one and only thing that brought him to sit comfortably on the potty.

Now, Asa begs to go on the toilet so he can 'Fight 'da food.'

So thank you, Steve Jobs, for your magnificent invention. It has helped me in my parenting trickery and one step closer to discontinuing my stock in Pampers.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Somehow someone directed me to your blog and I was surprised to see that I was in Israel with Axel. Anyway, just thought I would post how much I enjoy reading your blog and this post in particular. So dang funny.

Dianna said...

Whatever works, right? Does actually go or just sit and fight 'da food? Score one for Terah!

Dianna said...

I meant does "he" actually go . . .

Michael said...

Terah, you have used the iPhone, we have used the Leap Frog. We have already gone through two and have seriously considered buying a third. Then again, we done potty training three of the four kids so far. The fourth is definitely still in diapers. Thank goodness for technology and its advances!

terahreu said...

Janice, wow, what are the chances? Thanks about reading my blog. The world is so small.

Dianna, there is more fighting 'da food and less moving 'da bowels, but I will take what I can get.

Michael, yes. Technology is a beautiful thing. I figure whatever damage is made to my iPhone I can pay for it with the money I have saved on diapers.

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

I hope you wipe the iphone off afterwards....this is hilarious.