This is one I did from an oil painting book I bought. It is kind of cheesy, but I like it.
After I painted the waterfall I had lots of paint left over so I did this portrait. Terah hates it for some reason. I like it.
The first acrylic painting I did. It was weird painting it after doing so many oils. The paint dries really fast and doesn't mix well. I used a kind of sparkle acrylic. It looked good. I also put gold leaf on it. I like it. It is a Klimt though I really changed his colors.
One of Nephi I did after he killed Laban. I tried to do the sword of Laban as Damascus Steel. Even though it wasn't even invented then, I love Damascus Steel. Meh...
One I did from a photo of Xay and Heavah playing in Mombasa during our Kenyan trip. It was a great picture, but not a great painting.
Garden of Gethsemane right after the Atonement. Based on a VG.
A really small canvas one. A VG again. It didn't turn out so well except for the pine tree.
Trying to have the sun showing on the tops of trees. I just used a big brush on this one. It is a larger canvas.
Another really small canvas VG. Actually I really like this one. It is almost my favorite of the newer ones. I am going to do more of these.
Another small canvas VG one. I really love how he did the blue on the tree trunks. It is why I wanted to duplicate it. He was the master.
THis one has a lot going on. I made a cut out of the head. Used a spray paint that comes on like stone (has lots of great texture to it too). THen I painted green and yellow for moss and then added gold leaf. After all that I was not so happy with it.
Close up of the Klimt's "The Kiss" I did to show the gold leaf. It was a fun one to do.
Here is the whole picture. It is a large canvas and I guess Terah liked this one as she put it downstairs. She always says she likes them, but when she puts them downstairs I know she REALLY likes them. You can see the gold leaf better here. I changed it a bit to make it look more like Terah and me.
Four canvas I put together and painted all at once and then took apart. I put too many flowers on this one. I should have made them bigger and fewer of them. I do like the background sunset. I should have stuck with that.
That's all for now! I need some more ideas! I am running out of Van Goghs to do and there is only one more Klimt I really like (showing the three stages of womanhood. Google it, it is a sweet picture). After that I think I am going to do a Gaugan and a Chagal.
3 comments:
So talented! I like the Nephi one and the last one...amazing!
hello axel and terah!
Terah, we made it to Doha, been here about 5months now, located in Abu Hamour. Axel, I love some of your work, wanted to know if any of it is up for sale? I'm particularly interested in 3 or 4 vertical canvas pieces that make up one whole painting.
Hi Syma, we are in Abu Hamour too! Next to Grand. Give me a call 336363019 about the paintings!
Post a Comment