Sedona finally had a birthday a few days ago. Ever since her last birthday she would declare that her celebration was next. It seemed like August would never come. The funny thing was, as soon as her day arrived, she almost became too shy with all the attention. Attention isn't given too often to the middle child. It seemed like a good idea in theory, but why are all these people staring at me?????

Her day began with presents. She received the coolest assortment of Melissa and Doug food, which is something she loves. She makes a mean prawn sushi, but tell her to hold on the wasabi. It can be overpowering to the palate.

Hours later we held a swim party with all the traditional summer crap food (hot dogs, chips, and popsicles). It was a little risky providing food because it was in the middle of
Ramadan. I was praying the food police would not arrive and jail us all. Yummy and illegal.

Sedona's cake was chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, with chocolate butter cream. She insisted on this particular cake over any other cheesy princess or castle cake. For 40 riyals at Carrefour, I was not going to argue.

I planned two activities for the party. One was water balloons and the other was a bunch of balls that could be chucked at any small child with very little damage. The small balls were exciting for about 2 minutes until they all drifted to the corner of the pool never to be played with again. Brilliant.
The party was also a great opportunity for me to catch up with my girlcation friends. One went to Bali, the other to Holland during the summer with their families. I tried to tell them that Kuwait was WAY more fun, but they were not convinced. That's what I get for trying to make them jealous.


It was 3 and 4 year old madness with smashed cake and half drank bottles of juice everywhere. Most importantly, I think Sedona had the best time. She was thrilled to see all her friends and share her special day. My life has never been the same since you were born, Dilly Do. Here's to a new year of bigger smiles and longer hair! Love you.
2 comments:
Love your comment about the food police and longer hair for Sedona! Its only a matter of time. And we sure look like we are having some intense conversation!
Birthday Girl, Birthday Girl...maybe your hair will grow back with a curl!
Is there even any stubble yet?
oooh...girlcation planning! I miss that...we need to plan some via email.
I'm missing everyone!
Post a Comment