Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grecian Goodness


Axel and I just got back from the most romantic and fun-filled vacation to Greece. It was a last minute decision and I had less than 48 hours to plan our trip. I think the spontaneity made the trip even that much better. It was perfect. Honestly, perfect.


I have never been interested in going back to Greece since my last visit in 93. I went there with my parents and Athens seemed like a dirty, congested, chaotic city. We were able to escape to the Peloponnesian island, but it was a very chilly time of year. I never felt the need to return.

For some reason, when Axel suggested we leave for a romantic trip somewhere--anywhere--I thought of Greece. Without much thought, I booked the tickets, booked the hotel and within hours we were Athens bound. It was the best travel decision I have made so far. It was a much, much different Greece than I remember. The food was insane, the sites were spectacular, the people were lovely, the weather was divine, and the love was grand. It was the perfect symphony of senses that collided to make the most magical trip ever.


More to come....

4 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

CAN I JUST SAY JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS??!!! SO LUCKY!

diplobrisco said...

I can't wait for the day I travel with Tim somewhere like this and have that amazing romantic time together. I think back on times in Malta when we'd dine by the Mediterranean, eating real homemade Italian or the time when I had swordfish in a building hundreds of years old that once accommodated royalty or the Brits. (sigh) I live for that day again. I'm so happy you two had an amazing time! It sure looks amazing!! Wonderful, wonderful for you two!!

Megan said...

Awesome!!!!!

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

YAY! I'm so glad you had an amazing time! I crave alone time with David in a great location...just the two of us...but we probably won't get to do that for a nice long while. I see you sporting your sandals...did you pack a matching set this time?