The Bromley house is in constant motion lately. We have settled in school (just in time for the Eid holidays to begin), and found a fairly manageable routine. Ramadan wasn't so bad this year. Other than not feeding my children in public, it was nice to have Axel home early every day and not traveling. A lot of painting was done and we all have cinnamon tans from the hours spent at the pool. Not having McDonalds at 1pm is a small price to pay.
Xavier has had some serious wiggles since the summer began. As a result, we enrolled him in a hockey league. He will be playing twice a week and there are opportunities to travel. I am just glad it will be something that will tucker him out by the end of the day. I also enrolled him in gymnastics with Heavah once a week. I am hoping for fewer fights at bedtime.
When we took Xavier to the rink to buy the equipment we were greeted by the leaders of the league. It was shocking how nice they were. They were accommodating, friendly, and helpful. It was funny how strange it was to be around such a nice group of people. As we left the rink both Axel and I looked at each other and said, "Man, I love Canadians".
As a result of Heavah's good efforts, we took her to our favorite Japanese restaurant. Oishi Sushi has the most killer udon noodles to the point that I rejoice in all of Heavah's good deeds merely because I know I am a day closer to eating at Oishi again.
Asa is so full of character lately. I can't seem to get mad at him for anything he does. He is destructive and active, and yet equally as hilarious and loving. I do believe he has successfully peed on every carpet in my home. Somehow I know he won't be wearing a diaper to high school, but all the evidence speaks otherwise. We adore him and despite the fact that he has colored on ever surface of our home, he is still a favorite.
Yes, those are my hobo children without shoes at the supermarket. Who has time to do a shoe check before they leave the house? Obviously, I don't.
On a separate note: Axel and I are going on a spontaneous trip to Athens, Greece tomorrow morning. I haven't been there since I was 16, and I am excited to experience it with Axel. I intend on eating gyros and salads with plenty of feta cheese. The Acropolis is calling our name....
2 comments:
ha! i just did the same thing last sunday. i took aiden to church with no shoes! really, who has time to do a shoe check? axel is amazing. i cannot believe those paintings he did! he has such talent in so many different areas. it seems all he needs to do is decide to do something and he is a master at it. glad u guys are soaking up life everywhere you go!
Sedona plays well with everyone. It is her greatest gift! I miss those kids of yours! Asa - always guzzling milk...Sedona - playing with Parker...your other two weren't around when I was around much...we should have taken the girls to have sushi together. Mine love it probably as much as your does. They could have put oishi sushi out of bidness on all-you-can-eat night!
Post a Comment