In protest to the huge tuition fees, several moms and I formed a preschool coop. It works out great. Six cute kids, all in close proximity, and all Mormon. Each mom has a week- Mondays and Wednesdays-and we have a schedule but really encourage flexibility and the use of our talents as moms. It is perfect and the best thing for Sedona. The kids love it and it really isn't that excruciating for me, when it is my turn.
Tomorrow I will be doing 'season's. We will plant seeds and make fake snow. It should be a low key day considering that in the evening all the moms will be boarding a plane for Goa, India (except for Michelle who is nauseously gravid. We will miss you!). In many ways the preschool has been great for the kids, but it is especially great for the moms. This will be really true after we arrive home with tanned skins and stories to share.
Namaste.
2 comments:
I think all you all must have magic in you because my kids always have so much fun and learn and from the pics at least, they look decently well behaved. Although, I must say I am embarrassed at Jack's lack of clothing. What am I supposed to do with that kid?! :) Goa here we come!
I thought about Montessori school for Hayden for about 20 seconds before I realized that it was going to cost me $10 000 a year just for preschool. So not happening. I am not paying that much for tuition right now and our tuition is pretty high!
Post a Comment