Monday, March 1, 2010

Boy's Night

Heavah was recently invited to a compound girl's party. I was excited to have one less body in the house because Axel was out for the weekend. The news of this party didn't go over well with Xavier and he pleaded with me to have a few boys over to watch a movie. I was distracted and listened with only half my brain. The other half was screaming, "Hello? Are you listening? A few boys in place of my fairly low-key daughter? Don't do it! Don't do it!'

When I finally went in the house this is what I found:
11 boys all under the age of 9
To be fair, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. A little sugar, a Star Wars movie and an impromptu pillow fight took care of the evening just fine. It was better than emotional breakdowns and nailpolish.Oh, how I love boys.

1 comment:

Hearts and Hands for Nepal said...

I like that Asa looks like he is getting the heimlich. And that the verification word is hormons.