October is a big month for us. We have birthday and Halloween celebrations in nonstop motion. I think because the expat community is so worried halloween will be overlooked, they overcompensate. The kids don't complain but after all the sugar-rush naughtiness, I do.
The month began with another impromptu party for Heavah and Xavier. The party was held at the pool, because our compound pool is extra special. I didn't post pictures because, well, I forgot. Oh, and we just moved in a week before the party was held. Other than buying pizza and salads, the only thing that made the party extra special was the cool cake my friend made:
Three days before halloween our old compound had a trick-or-treat night. Heavah had to make sure we went so that she could enjoy the holiday with all of her old friends. It was great to see all of our old friends. The party was held in our empty garage. I wanted to walk in the door and watch the fun from the comfort of my own home. Instead, I mooched off all my friends and caught up on all the neighborhood gossip.
Two days before halloween the school held a party. There were spook alleys, a trick or treat lane, games, bouncy castles, and food. It was a party. There were a few people dressed as Qataris and I couldn't tell if they were dressing up or for real. I felt that way about my Superman Asa and Princess Dona. They are awesome by the way.
Heavah in front of the spook scene I helped with. I cannot take credit for the ever-so-creative skeleton/witch to the left. However, I did help make her look a little bustier.
Asa's reaction to the spook alley. I have never had a wimpy kid, but when it comes to ghosts and coffins, Asa's a wimp.
One day before halloween there was a compound party with all the fix'ns. I spaced it. Completely forgot. Too many celebrations for one mom to handle.
Halloween day was celebrated in our new neighborhood. What a party! Our compound had all the difficult-to-find candy. It was awesome. My children's bags were treasure troves of American goodness. Honestly, where can one find a Butterfinger in this city? Apparently you have to dress up and knock at my neighbor's door. My house wasn't as exciting. We just recycled all the crap candy that was collected the few days before.
Our new digs.
The scariest house in the neighborhood. Asa is still talking about this ghost. He wouldn't walk within 20 feet of this house. When the ghost moved, Asa ran 1/2 way down the road. Who knew Superman was such a wuss?
The kids fell over by the end of the night. Xavier was begging to go back home and Asa asked for susu and night-night. We had so much candy that Xavier and Heavah were giving away their own candy to the late-night trick-or-treaters.
The American loot
I do LOVE halloween, but I think I could wait another 12 months before it returns. I think we have enough candy to last us until then.
I am off to Nepal tomorrow with my gal pals. I can't wait to feel some cool air and eat at all my favorite restaurants. There should be some good stories to share....
1 comment:
Wow, you really DID get a lot of Halloween loot! I hope you have a great trip to Nepal.
Post a Comment