Monday, November 1, 2010

Leadership Meeting aka Aftoncation

I am the Young Women's President in Doha. No matter where I go, I am put into this call. I absolutely love the girls, but it can be extremely time consuming. I swear I will get it right this time and the next ward I move into I will be Ward Greeter, either that or I take up smoking.

One of the many perks with this calling is that I am required to go to Abu Dhabi every so often for leadership training. It is a blessing as long as Afton keeps her calling as Primary President so we can make a girlcation out of the trip.

1. We ate and talked nonstop. Since I have moved, Afton is no longer my neighbor. It is hard to go without an Afton daily report. There was a lot to catch up on. It has been a whole two weeks. A lot of stories can develop within that amount of time!


Villa to my right, Shangri-La to my left

2. We stayed at the glamorous Shangri-La, which just so happens to be across the street from the Abu Dhabi church villa. What other choice did we have?

3.We pampered ourselves with a divine visit to the Chi Spa.

4. We visited Ikea. Who knew how much happiness one could feel when given the opportunity to buy so much cheap crap? Afton successfully found the heaviest item in the store, but the dutch oven beans she made a couple weeks later was so worth it!

It was a short, but indulgent evening full of laughter and fun.




No comments: