In contrast, as Sedona turned 4 I felt anxious and sad that she was only months away from starting preschool. What was I going to do without her? She was nonstop entertainment for her younger brother and I thoroughly enjoy her company. Dona requires so little and gives so much. How was I going to let her go?
I prolonged Sedona's entry into school by putting her on a waiting list. The wait didn't last that long. Two months after the official first day of school, I received a phone call that Sedona's spot was ready. Ugh. Really? But she is my fun kid. She doesn't color on the walls or throw tantrums. Those kind of kids should never have to go to school. They should stay home forever and ever.
Even though I wasn't ready, Sedona was. She could not wait to join the social circle and play on the playground. She shed no tears. That's what I get for raising independent children.
Fortunately, I have a little guy at home to make me feel like an active mom during the day. He does a great job of reminding me that I am still very, very needed. Is it odd to have a 8 month long potty training session? Geez, louise. We go through our day just fine, but I can't quite play ponies or lego like Dona does. Honestly, no one does anything like Dona does.
4 comments:
I miss that little girl!!!
Honestly, you and Axel make gorgeous children.
Fun to get in on her first day! She looks adorable!
She looks so happy! What a big step for both of you.
Post a Comment