Friday, August 19, 2011

The Cousin 'Hunt'

One of the things we Bromley's like to do when we get together is go out and do some hunting. This time we had so many different ages in cousins, I kind of stacked the deck before hand with some cash and string. Had to make sure everyone got one! This is Asa enjoying the post hunt dinner...

Anna, Keith, Ada and Gabe Andrews and Dona at the mountain cook out. Pheasant, bobwhites and trout all taken by the little kids. There was a lot of congratulations to the boy cousins and they were all so proud to share their birds with their parents.
Zach, Nay and I did the pre work stringing up at the Andrew's farm. I was there when this monster was born and helped him take his first few steps. Now look at him. Both he and Nay turned out to be awesome kids. Nice, kind to little kids and good friends.
Heavah and Owen (Jane's oldest) cooking hot dogs while we wait for the birds to cook.
Asa, me and Xay after he shot his pheasant. I had a male in there somewhere, but he got loose. I guess we gave back more than we too to the wild that day...
Asa after his bobwhite. He was pretty excited.
Me and Xay looking for bobwhites. I had a knife to get them off after the shot.
The mighty hunter.
One is sighted and we are getting ready to pull the .22 trigger. For the 4th time... Lucky those things don't seem to fly away! Below is Asa telling us about the hunt and how he shot his birds and caught his trout.

All the cousins and their kills. William (Anna), Calvin (Jake), Bennie (Anna), Asa, Owen (Jane) and Xay. Nay and Zach (both Anna's too) are off the screen. Grampa Bromley was there to take pictures and provide the guns. It was the absolute best time!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Madeline looked at these pics and said "Asa grew bigger!" I have no comments as to the hunting as I know nothing, but uh..good job! ;0

Dianna said...

Your post reminds me of a story by Eudora Welty called, "The Still Moment". It is a powerful story.