Monday, April 28, 2008

Drive Home

The great thing about my job is I make my own hours. Which means I am usually only gone when my older two are in school and my younger two are taking their morning nap. The odd time, Sedona will wake up before I get back and she will be waiting near the door.

My drive home from work looks like this:



And I am sure you share my daughter's feelings when she said, "Come on, mom. Why would you take a picture of that??" Literally the minute I leave Mirdif, this is what I see for miles. And if it is a real active day, I may see a camel or two.

Then I see this...

As Xavier would tell you, "Its a poop truck!" (Which is always funny to say cause it has the word 'poop' in it.) I see miles of poop trucks, in a line, waiting for their turn at the sanitation plant. I hear the smell is extra special as the weather gets hotter. So sad I am going to miss that.

Then I see dozens of these...

Which just proves that even if you have money, it doesn't mean you have good taste. Seriously, how could someone choose to paint their house pea soup green? I guess you have to be from the desert to understand...

And just before I reach home I see this...

Fluorescent orange? Then they painted the pool fence, and BINGO...It's a sweet combo that kind of makes up for the previous picture. It all makes me happy.

Finally, I see this...

I have arrived!

1 comment:

Cami Severson said...

The orange and blue remind me of So Cal, and Tijuana. Those Latins love their bright colors too. Even in Oregon when you see a house those bright colors you know a latin family lives there!

Amazing, the culture difference. Us Americans are pretty boring in our Color choices!! :)