Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Mice Will Play..

Without dear hubby around, I have to get quite creative on the weekends. This weekend I planned a day full of fun and indulgence:

The day began with a visit to the salon. The salon is about a mile away from our house but Heavah was so anxious she asked, "Mom, when are we getting to the saloom?" It was sheer heaven for her. She got a cut, style, manicure and 'the toe one too, please mom'? I have to say, it was a glimpse into future years of many 'girly' outings. Sorry, Axel, it is just too much fun!





Following the salon we went home, ate lunch, and got dressed for the theater. Xavier was not convinced that wearing 'church clothes' somewhere would be any fun. He thought it was some kind of trickery on my part to get him to go back to church for a second day in a row (we go on Fridays here). He made his best plea to continue to wear his spiderman costume, but I wouldn't allow it. You will become refined and cultured, son! I don't care if you are only 4...



We drove to the play, which was ironically, located quite close to the church, confirming all of Xavier's fears. 'I told you mom, we ARE going to church again...!' It wasn't until we arrived at the Madinat Jumeirah (www.madinatjumeirah.com, one of the most beautiful resorts in Dubai) that he dropped his running commentary.

Next, we ate the most delicious, calorie filled, ice cream sundae with cherries, whip cream, and chocolate to the point that they both complained of a stomach ache on the way home (therefore, I knew I did my job). Which, for some odd reason, reminded Xavier of Easter (I can't imagine why) and how he so wished it was Easter again...

Finally, the play was a hit! It was taken from the book, 'The Gruffalo'. It was the British style of theatrics, which made me wonder if the kids would buy the whole 'over acting and very little costuming or effects' thing. But they LOVED it, and bought into the entire scheme. I was thrilled and so were they.



The 'thank you's and 'you're the greatest mom's were excessive, but appreciated. I had a blast and so did they. So, down goes another Saturday...only 3 more to go...sigh.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Sounds like a fun Saturday- even though Xavier almost wasn't convinced! How nice to have a pedicure with your daughter without the other 3 kids climbing all over you. Someday I'll hope to try that. Who knew those massage chairs could be broken by a two year old??

Celia Fae said...

Oh Terah, I know all about lurking. I've been doing it for days on yours. I love your background by the way, but it doesn't really matter what it looks like because your life is so different and interesting. Lucky.

p.s. When I get around to it, I hope you don't mind if I put you in my sidebar.