
When Axel and I first came to Dubai we were so enamoured by the Iranian Carpets. Without knowing it, we both coveted the same carpet-the Nain. I am not sure why this particular carpet draws my attention each time, but it does. Axel and I decided that before we leave Dubai we will buy this handmade beauty. After many trips to the blue souk, home visits from the Yemini dealers, and discussions with carpet salesmen in the mall we finally found a price we were willing to pay and a quality that we were willing to accept. Axel came home for 10 days this month and we did it! We were so proud of ourselves. We haggled and got the exact carpet we wanted for the exact right price.
Ever since, Axel and I have been obsessing over carpets. While he was here, we bought 7 other large machine made carpets in Hatta. I don't know what is more fun, seeing how low the afghanis will go, or opening up our new addition and seeing how it fits in our home. Now we just need to buy another handmade Kashmiri carpet and the collection will be complete! (Not really, there is always room for more beautiful carpets...).
2 comments:
That's neat and all but HOW MUCH did you pay? How much did they want and how low did they go?
We are talking hundreds for the machine made (I am not sure exactly because we bought 7 carpets together) and thousands for handmade. I think we saved ourselves about a thousand bucks for the Nain! Not a cheap hobby.
Post a Comment