
Over the past 5 years I have come to terms with the fact that I am not the favorite parent in this household. Although I know my children love me dearly, I also know they would much rather spend an afternoon with daddy than with mommy. Who wouldn't when you can eat all the sugar cereal you could dream of, make any mess you want with no intention of ever cleaning it up, and buy any cheap toy made in china with no regard to the fact it will break within the first hour it is bought. This is why having Axel gone is never fun for anyone. We have made it through a few more days and have another week and a half to go. At that point, Axel will be here for only a few short hours before he must board a plane to NY for another two and a half weeks. There are some great things about living overseas but the transitions just stink! We miss you daddy!
2 comments:
That really does suck. However, I think you guys have such an amazing life. You get to have experiences that the rest of us can only dream of. -sigh- Your kids are so fortunate in so many ways, but I can see that that is a hard one to get over - Missing daddy. I can empathize, a little. For about a year, Joe was in California and I was in Oregon, we would only see him for 2 days every three weeks, it was REALLY tough. I am glad that you have two maids to help you out! That definitely has to help!
My kids love to be with their dad, too. He adds sugar to the cereal, lets them scream, get really dirty, and be crazy. Do you remember when we were all in DE and Axel and James took Heavah and Curren on a goose hunt? Fun times with the dads!
Post a Comment