I really don't have anything to say, I just needed to put something else on my blog instead of Ross Noble's gigantic melon. No so flattering.
Lately, the kids have spent a lot of time outside with the animals. It isn't such a bad pastime, but policing my children around these animals can be tiring. I am not so worried about the chickens cause if we lost one along the way--voila, dinner! Our goat seems to hold his own pretty well and the pheasants are caged like the Alcatraz prisoners for fear that they would ever escape. Axel is a wee bit protective of his prized birds.
When Sarita (our maid) brought over two bunnies Axel and I were both apprehensive. A bunny, really? My only recollection of owning a bunny when I was a child was getting bit and scratched, and feeling ever so guilting for making it climb walls. It never ended well, every time.
I knew with this bunny not only would it involve all of the above, but maybe even worse as the bunny gods are ready and willing to make me pay. Our first attempt with a bunny didn't end well, just as I expected. I thought my bunny days were finally over. Then, only days after, Sarita brought a replacement-not one, but two-and so it began again.
The ever-so-strong baby monster
This time, the bunnies became 7. It happened quickly and I am assuming this happened so fast just because they realized their gene pool would be soon coming to an end. Not so. In fact, we now have over 12 bunnies and we are all smitten. In fact, we have one bunny that slightly resembles a Capybara and its cuteness is so strong that there is no way of leaving it alone. One must kiss it and blow warm air on its furry little body. There seems to be no choice. He is favored like a child at our home.
Our bunnies have now multiplied every month regardless of the grossness of incestual relations. We have reached our max. I am pawning some of these guys off to any takers. I am sure people will be apprehensive, but I must say, bunny love is grand.
Shylock staring down his competition
1 comment:
Ugh, Terah. We found a nest of baby bunnies today -- darling, adorable, little bunnies. And one of them ran out in the road and got hit by a car. It was awful. Kate has been crying all day. Interesting timing on your post . . .
Post a Comment