Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Goodness to a Mother


The great thing about being an international mom is the fact that we get 3 or 4 different Mother's Days to celebrate. I have more homemade necklaces and handprints than I know what to do with. The western Mother's Day creeped up on me this year. I didn't even have time to start campaigning for some good presents from Axel. Sucks for me, but he gently reminded me that I have half of Nepal working on projects for me right now. I digress.

What I love about being a mom:

1. Coloring in colouring books and seeing how well I can stay in the lines.

2. Reading Where the Wild Things Are and Dr. Seuss with all the animated actions.

3. Decorating with pinks and purples.

4. Play doh (which, I admit, still takes willpower for me not to eat).

5. Baking cookies and cakes with extra sugary toppings.

6. Seeing how much dirt I can accumulate in the bathtub after a nighttime bath (always impressive).

7. Squeezing bums and pinching cheeks.

8. Building block towers and changing Barbie's clothes.

9. Discovering hop scotch and Connect Four all over again.

10. Finding love in a magnitude that I never knew existed. How does such love split into 4 equal parts and still find room to grow?

1 comment:

Boquinha said...

Happy Mother's Day(s), Terah!