
Coming to a channel near you
When we arrived to Nepal, I was shocked to not only see piracy going in full force, but the DVDs were sold in the stores. Hun? Is it illegal if you pay money at a cash register? Furthermore, if you want to find a legitimate DVD in Nepal, you can't. If you are buying a DVD, you are buying a pirated copy (at mere .50 cents a copy).
Just when I thought it couldn't get much worse, I was working out at the gym and happened upon a sweet channel - THE PIRATED MOVIE CHANNEL (or also known as Channel 8). Sure enough, they were playing Wolverine before it had even been released in theaters. The copy wasn't even great. In fact, the film was incomplete. I have since watched this channel and you often must wait for someone on the other end to press 'Play'. It is commonly frozen on the main menu whist the channel DJ takes a bathroom break. The other perk to this ever-so-illegal-channel is it skips all the credits and shows 'Open', 'Close' and 'Loading' indicating another movie is about to begin.

Bad movie, good copy
Piracy is such a way of life for us we rate movies not necessarily on the content, but instead on the quality of the copy. I can often convince Axel to watch a girly movie simply by telling him that it is a good copy. Almost anything is worth watching if it is a good copy, which is proven by the fact that I saw this movie last night on TV:

Only a good, clear copy could make me sit through an hour and a half of Mike Tyson.
5 comments:
Wolverine! So Axel must be LOVING that! Hugh Jackman, buff as ever!! ;)
How was Tyson? I was a few years older than him when he became heavy weight champion of the world at age 19 and he made me feel like I'd done pretty much nothing with my life.
Now I wouldn't change places with him for anything. And I'm still hardly famous.
Truly the definition of a tragic life.
Stacy- I completely agree. Hugh is amazing.
Jimmy - Surprisingly, the Tyson movie was intriguing. It was odd to see a guy so clueless and yet at times he was so truthful about his faults. Weird. You can say a lot about him but he is true to himself. Something I do respect. Watch it, it is interesting.
Terah, have you heard the latest about him in the news? So tragic . . .
Oh my! I just read what happened to his daughter. How much can one handle?
Post a Comment