Monday, May 4, 2009

No Government...again

Dahal (Nepal's Prime Minister) just resigned.  It was startling news for the day.  The country is in a stupor.  I went to playgroup today and there was a threat of something bad happening so we had to listen to radios while the children ran around the yard eating popcorn.  It was just another day for them, not so much for us.  Surprisingly, very few riots broke out throughout the day.  It seems that the Nepalese people hold bandhas for things that are far less significant.  This could mean two things, 1.  No one really cares any more; 2. The Maoists are holding out for something big. Everyone seems to be talking, but no one has any clue what is going to happen.  

For now, we are advised not to leave the house for anything unnecessary.  At the moment, there is no governing power for Nepal.  What this means is anyone's guess.  For now, I know I am going to be doing a lot of smocking...

4 comments:

Rachel said...

keep safe!

Paige said...

thought of you guys this morning when I read about this- the smocking is fantastic. If a total loss of government is what it takes to get you more smocking time, it's a good thing, right?

Employee # 47851-6 said...

Oh I read something about this in the newspaper the other day, he fired a general or something for letting former Maoists join the military.

Be careful, if you kicked out for Nepal DE always has room for you. :P

Jenibelle said...

Wow. I don't know how you do it. I'm impressed and praying for you and your family.