
A much needed tailored outfit. White? What was I thinking?
All my kids need new clothing. The life of a child's shirt or pant is short in Nepal. There are very few options for cute clothing here. It is almost impossible to find something cute. I have resorted to using my
tailor to make everything for my kids. The only downfall is the machines they use here cannot handle stretch cottons or jerseys. My machine can, but I am too lazy to make play clothing for my kids. The cute factor must be very high for me to spend time with my machine.
The risk in making clothing from a tailor is that you never know how it is going to look when it comes back. Between the language barrier and my poor drawing skills, it is always a surprise. Yesterday I got an outfit back that I designed for Sedona:
It is cute, it is fun, it is colorful...it is UP SIDE DOWN:
It cost me 2.00 and totally worth the laugh.
3 comments:
Ah, but it's the right way up for Sedonna.
I used to LOVE getting my own skirts made in Cabo Verde. Wrap around skirts and summer dresses? So fun.
I like the idea of having tailored clothing too, but it's true you don't know what you'll get, even here in Hawaii. Your girls look cute no matter.
Post a Comment