I have been wondering how I am going to clothe my children while they go through their various growth spurts here. The clothing they have is a little difficult to look at let alone dress my kids in. It has been a concern of mine, until a couple of days ago.
Nepal has fabulous tailors and I heard that they make great copies of existing clothing. It works out well for me as I have so much fabric that I have accumulated over the years. So, I hunted down a nearby tailor and tried it out.
To my surprise the prepubescent boys who I gave the fabric to were the actual tailors. I didn't ask their ages, cause that would mean I would knowingly be contributing to child labour (In my mind, they are young looking 25 year olds).
They made some cute PJs for the kids. Heavah's pants were short because the message, 'The pants need to be an inch longer' got mixed up in the translation. Regardless I think they did a great job. They asked for $2.00 for each PJ set. I gave them a good tip and a promise of a lot more business.
1 comment:
Well if someone 4 years older than you looks like a grandma, then you're probably safe!
Post a Comment