A few new animals have arrived at our home over the past week or so. We found some friends for the following people/animals in our home:
Candy: She is strictly here for our other goat, Randy. Lately he has been roughing up the kids showing his preadolescent spunk. He has also been moping around the house lately looking for some female companionship and the god statues aren't doing the trick. Therefore, we got this pretty little lady for some future lov'n and potential offspring.
Sarah & Max: Since Sedona has been fascinated with bunnies and has yet to have one of her own, our maid decided to get her a couple to take home after a visit with her family for dinner. It is pure love for Sedona. However, they are rarely for touching--only looking. We think they may not survive all the Dona cuddles. Instead, when Sedona is asleep, the bunnies have free reign over the property. Seeing them hop around the grounds is about the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Instant love. Sareta, Asa, Sedona and Sarah
Ahh, free to breathe at last.
Baby Chicks: Just yesterday 12 baby chicks hatched. They are incredibly adorable. It is funny how depending on your perspective, these guys can be 'all-things-fluffy-and-cute' or they can be snake food. I prefer the fluff. Axel likes their nutritional value.
We love the black and white ones and have already named them 'Rockhopper Penguins'
All 12 of the babies are under their mama.
Luckily, we got rid of the snake a few weeks ago, so these little guys will be used for future homeschool lessons (observing, not eating--I hope). There is another hen warming up 8 more eggs. They should be hatching in the next week or so.
I am hoping everyone is now happy with their companion. Heavah is still holding out for a horse. And for Xavier? An elephant? At the rate we're going, I wouldn't doubt it.
6 comments:
Awesome. We're getting chickens and bunnies next year as well! Rabbit poo is great for gardening. And who can argue with farm-fresh eggs? :)
How fun! Esp. if the staff takes care of them and not you. Why can't you hold the bunny? Ours is carried around constantly.
I'm so jealous. Those pictures bring back memories of my childhood. Someday I want land to raise animals on. But right now, I'm enjoying the suburbs too much... and the fact that I don't have to shovel any animal poo.
from what i remember about goats, from my uncles farm, is that they smell really, really, really bad.
Paige, let's just say we had a rabbit incident a couple of months back. If I am around she can hold him. If not, I fear they might end up looking like some of her stuffed animals. Lots of squeezing, lots of loving.
Stephanie, I really haven't noticed the goat stank. Mind you, I don't go in their little house often.
Please don't let Axel shoot the bunny! This is Raquel.
Post a Comment