Asa will be my last (hopefully. God are you listening? I am done!). Therefore, I am experiencing a lot of 'lasts'.
One of the 'lasts' is breastfeeding, which makes me a tiny bit sad. I have never LOVED breastfeeding, but I have enjoyed the closeness I have shared with all my babies. I am not too sure how long I will breastfeed my little fella, but I am a little more committed to it than I was for my other kids cause, frankly, I don't trust any other form of liquid here for my growing baby.
Here are the benefits of breastfeeding (according to me):
1. You instantly have a boob deflator. If your feeling a little 'DollyPartonesque' plop that little sucker on there and boom, you have manageable boobs again.
2. You can steal all of your kids treats in sacrament and not feel guilty. And, if you do it secretly, you might even get away with it during Fast Sunday.
3. You have a great excuse to leave any boring meeting at any time.
4. You can make any man, no matter how 'manly', feel uncomfortable while doing it.
5. Amongst all of the Baby Einstein toys, harnesses, and safety measures these days, it is one of the 'natural' things you do with your baby that requires little work or equipment.
6. You become so comfortable with your body and your baby that lifting your shirt in front of just about anyone, anywhere, doesn't bother you in the least.
7. You can eat a butt load of food in front of anyone and never have to feel like a pig.
8. Your sharing calories. How great is that?
9. You finally have a purpose (other than the one your husband tries to tell you) for those two things that usually just get in the way.
10. You get those quiet moments, with just you and your baby, and you get to share a closeness unlike anything else you will probably experience with your child again.
9 comments:
Just happened across your blog...I am nursing a baby too and feel the same way...I'm always ready to be done but know it's worth it...I'd add in the "good" things that if you ever got stranded somewhere (on a plane etc.) you'd never have to worry about having a starving, screaming baby!
You forgot the best part - actually getting to sit down for a few minutes several times a day! And if you're persistent in the beginning, the older children realize you will always say "no" to whatever drink/snack/game requests they decide to barrage you with because you are finally sitting down, and they will leave you alone too. That's over as soon as the breastfeeding is.
Amen to all your breastfeeding highpoints. For some reason, Molly remembers that I pumped for Lindsey, Jacob, and Kaiden. So now all the kids like to talk about how Molly nursed, but the triplets got mommy's milk in a bottle. The low point you forgot to mention is the saggyness that comes when your done. So enjoy your dolly parten physic while you can. Also, is that an old picture of you? Your hair is short and curly. Haven't seen that hairdo on you for awhile. It's cute.
I totally agree!
My hubbie still thought they were his and pouted about sharing with baby. Do you think it's because his mom didn't nurse him and he's jealous? LOL
You have a 'free' hand! I was always very thirsty bf. And when they were on forever in the evenings, I could read a book. Couldn't do that bottle feeding.
I loved breast feeding. It's the one time I don't look like a 12 year old boy. Also the one thing about the pregnancy thing I was good at. Every fast Sunday I wish I were breast feeding.
I LOVE breastfeeding. LOVE it. We even have this cool Picasso in our room. Can you believe that's a Picasso? I think he captures so well the softness of nursing and the love of parent-child.
I love to breastfeed, too. I pumped for the twins and that was not so fun. My two older kids knew that they could get away with anything when it was time to pump. It was the best weight loss program I've ever been on. I could eat as much as I wanted and all the most fatening stuff and still lost all my weight from my pregnancy and a little more. Yes, and now my boobs are saggy. There is absolutely nothing there to hold them up anymore.
Post a Comment