We just found a Japanese grocery store in Kathmandu. I thought for sure we would have to give up our love for sushi when we came here because somehow raw fish and Nepal don't really mix. But funny enough, we have had more sushi in Kathmandu than in anywhere else we have lived. We have figured out that if you want to eat good international food, you need to find the embassy for that cuisine. Sure enough, just down the road from the Japanese Embassy there is a fabulous sushi joint and Benihana style cooking. SO GOOD.
Axel used to make sushi all the time when we lived in Arizona. I thought it was such a treat until the morning sickness came on with Heavah. I remember the day that I opened up my lunch while working at Thunderbird and it was staring back at me like a diseased rat. Ugh, from that point on I simply had to say the word 'sushi' and the queeziness came on. Good times, good times.
Now that pregnancy is no longer in my vocabulary sushi is a much loved food in our household. Axel made us sushi last night. A tiny peice of heaven it was. Heavah and Xavier even mastered the chopsticks. They said that that Korean kids in their classes taught them. At least they are learning something useful in school.
The best part of this story is that no one was up puking last night- including me, which confirms again that I am not pregnant. I passed the sushi test. Phew.
1 comment:
A favorite food around here, that is. We do a big Japanese spread every New Year's (as well you know). :P
Post a Comment