Our dining room chairs were the most embarrassing part of our home. "Here, have a seat, please ignore the nasty stains, the broken arms, the broken back, and the sinking seat." You always felt like you got the booby prize when you sat down and the middle of the chair started to bend and threaten to collapse. We had two of those. A surprise every time.
We inherited this dining room set when we bought our dream home in Delaware. I love the set but the chairs were so weathered I couldn't take it any longer. Our extensive moving has not been kind:
The one-armed chair
Other casualties
I finally found a small woodshop that agreed to make me new chairs. I had an old 2006 PotteryBarn catalogue and pointed at a set of chairs and said 'same-same'. Here are the Harvest Chairs I chose:
The only change I requested is that they use fabric on the seat (not loving the color, though) and the front legs need to be simple, like the back. Here is the result:
The best part? 50 USD a chair! Least to say, my Potterybarn catalogue is working overtime right now. They can make everything for a fraction of the price. I may not have potterybarn, but I do have a bunch of willing Nepali men who want my business. Win/win.


1 comment:
wow, i'm jealous. you get the look of pottery barn for so little! they did a great job!
Post a Comment