Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cindy Lauper

If you haven't guessed, I have made a few changes with my hair.  This was not by choice it was mere necessity.  Hairdressers in Nepal are not overly familiar with blonde, which has gotten me in a lot of trouble over the past year.  

The last time I went to a salon I left with 30% of my hair gone, burnt, down the drain.  The stylist was trying to correct the green hue in my hair from this fun day.  It also didn't help that I did this when I first arrived to Nepal.  

Instead of pouring more chemicals on my poorly dyed hair, I decided to use Aveda Color Conditioner.  Great stuff.  One wash and my hair was brown.  I don't love brown, but it is a hell of a lot better than partially brunt blonde hair.  

I was looking for a change and decided to go back to blonde today.  What a great idea.  Not really.  I should have known it was going to be a bad day when both my babies were sick, my driver lost his phone, and the tailor was not done with my dress (oh the frustrations of Nepal).  

The result was not pretty.  This is what my hair looks like now:

What you see is a reaction between the Aveda conditioner and the bleach.  Note to self: DO NOT USE AVEDA COLOR WITH BLEACH.  


That is pink you see.  A sweet raspberry hue.  It is reminiscent of the '80s.  I loved the '80.  It is almost as cool as stir-up pants.  Maybe I could have my tailor make a pair of those too.   Then I would be totally rock'n out.  Or at least worthy of trying out for American Idol. 

So, I am back to square one.  I see brown Aveda Color Conditioner in my future.  It isn't all bad news though, I have become quite popular with my daughters, what with the close resemblance to Strawberry Shortcake and all.  

2 comments:

Boquinha said...

I like it! Seriously. But I want to know what you're wearing! Is that a halter top cute dress? A necklace? I'm loving the halter look . . .

terahreu said...

Nope, just a boring brown shirt. In fact, it is the same brown shirt as the proceeding post. Not halter dress, but that sounds cute!