Thursday, November 12, 2009

Compound Baby


Do you see the cuteness? Warm fuzzies everywhere.

I am still trying to get used to compound living. The communal feeling here is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Neighbors are constantly on the street chatting, people are always looking out for my children's safety and well being, and meals are continually delivered to each other's home. It is such a warm environment and I know I can handle this kind of living while Axel is always out of the country. It is the perfect scenario for our lives at this time.

We recently had a baby born at our compound and the welcome could not have been warmer. Denise (AKA Compound Queen) organized and delivered the sweetest baby shower. The room was draped with adorable girly ornaments and the lunch would rival any international cuisine buffet. It was an excellent reprieve while one of the compound nannies watched our children next door.


I still feel like I am cheating the true international life. This type of living is a joke. I have warm showers, continual electricity, and friends living 30 seconds away. What more could one want?

2 comments:

Lori Ellsworth said...

Sounds great! You already have tons of friends!

sunnyside said...

I want to know more about the menu! Looks delish!