At that time, I was so desperate I checked out a rainforest CD just so I could hear the tinkle of rain in my home. It was shocking how that sound lifted my spirits and made me feel like life was still worth living. There is something psychologically damaging when you live in a place that--if not for manmade machines and iceboxes--would cause you to shrivel up and drift away.
And yet, here I am.
BUT, a miracle occurred a couple of days ago. I was in my kitchen and the sky became dark. Half the neighborhood came outside to witness the phenomenon. It was shocking. Emotions were high. The anticipation was almost too much to bear. Within 40 minutes we had a 5 minute spit from the sky. There was running and screaming from all the kids on the streets, and by the time they ran from one side of the street to the other, it was over. It was still the best 5 minutes of the day.
Now, on to blaring A/Cs and sunglasses...
Ugh.
2 comments:
How fun! Your kids are getting so big:)
We wanted also to say Happy Thanksgiving Guys!
Huh. We have similar memories of Arizona. We've always been glad to have been able to at least share and laugh about the misery with you guys. :p
Post a Comment