Do you see how much time was put into this party? Order pizzas, buy balloons, book the pool-done.
As if moving to another country, buying a car, finding a house, searching for schools, and dealing with the several meltdowns that coinside with all these fun activities weren't enough, October just happens to be the month of birthdays in the Bromley household. Did I mention I still don't have a maid or a driver and my husband is gone 4 days out of the week? Just wondering if you knew that, cause I do.
I was inclined to just close my eyes and pretend the births of my children didn't happen this month like I have done in the past, but my kids are now at the age where they actually know when their birthday is. I tried to be tricky, but it just didn't work. I was suckered and there was no escape.
At first, I just had a family gathering at home. Xavier made his cake. Xavier made his pizza. And Xavier bought his own present. The next day, Heavah did the same. I believe in independent children.
Because of the guilt, I decided to bring cakes to their school.
Then I realized that this was the first time my children had true friends. How could I deny them an opportunity to have a birthday party? Last year we invited a bunch of kids from school that my children barely knew or really didn't like. It was mayhem and I knew if we were going to do it, it would have to be low key.
I decided to do another party. Ugh. Living in a compound made this process very handy. We sent around some invitations to 13 or so kids around the neighborhood and told them to meet us at the pool. We made a lame cake, bought some cheap Chinese party favors, and put Axel and a poor 9 month pregnant neighbor to work on the face panting, and claimed it was a party.
The stillest I have ever seen Sedona sit
One more down...