Monday, November 9, 2009

A Stinky Arrival

If you can believe it, I am still trying to uncover my life since it arrived last week.  It has been interesting to see a) All the fun things we bought in Nepal and how it fits in our new Middle Eastern home. b) How stinky and black everything is.  Not only did everything have Nepali stank and diesel residue from our generator, but it also arrived moldy and wet.  Our house still smells like mold despite my many candle and incense burning efforts.  As a result, I have been trying to wash everything that fits in a washing machine. 

My maid's room/laundry room.  I prefer less laundry and more maids. (sigh)

I was also amazed at the condition of our clothing. What appeared to be acceptable in Nepal no longer looks acceptable in an extremely clean country like Qatar.  It doesn't even pass for play clothes. Outside. Playing with paint. In the mud.  In a Nepali river.    

On top of the 10 loads of laundry per day, I have also been trying to make sense of this mess: 

A photo of our landing, because I have no shame

Forgive me for not being a faithful blogger, but I must organize the safety hazard that is my home.  

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

Well, as you're trying to make sense of that mess, look closely at the couch. You might find a hint there. ;) (Just teasing, Axel!)

Jackie said...

Fabreeze works wonders on mouldy anything that wont fit in the washing machine.
I think Spinneys sell it in Qatar.
I'm off to Bahrain today and my list now has Fabreeze added to it, along with, gravy, weetabix, hand sanitizer(how did I live before thos ehandy little bottles), hot choc...... :-)

terahreu said...

I honestly didn't even notice Axel in the picture when I downloaded it. Hilarious.

Thanks for the tip about Febreeze. I have been spraying it all over my furniture. We don't have a Spinney's here. Can you believe it? We do have a great store called MegaMart that sells all sorts of Western foods. They do sell Febreeze and mincemeat. Imagine that.

Art Through the Ages said...

EXCELLENT! I fully approve of the shamelessness. Also I am here to attest to the Nepali stench. It's purty powerful. Maids came? I'm so pleased you are wrapped in the Red Tent love. I was worried with Axel being gone so much. PS I got a new calling...gospel doctrine. It's a bit nerve wracking.