It is great to have a Mormon community in every country we live. Even if I forget that it is November (let alone Thanksgiving) I have a dinner appointment that requires me to just show up with my family and a bean casserole. Easy peezy.
On T-day I slaved away in the kitchen so I could have the perfect dish. It was my first attempt, but I was determined to add enough cream, cheese, and butter to mask any imperfection. 10 minutes before we were to leave, it was done. I put tinfoil over the pan and placed the dish on the floor because it was still burning hot as I was putting shoes on Asa.
Do ya see where this is going????
Within 2 minutes, Xavier's wiggling and jumping landed him right on the only ticket I had to enter the party. A few happy words were spoken and then a rational Axel smoothed out the mess, poured some cheese on the top, and tried to convince me it was adequate.
Luckily, there were plenty of people at the dinner, and I was sneaky enough when I dropped the dish off that no one knew the heap of cheese and beans was mine. But even if they did, it was really not so bad. My strategy worked. Enough butter, cream, and cheese can mask anything. Especially on Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Of course, the sinking feeling hit as soon as you added a illogical child to your cooking story. I am sure this story is a lot funnier today than it was on Thursday!
Post a Comment