
Last night Axel and I were able to enlist one of the babysitters in the compound to watch our children while we scoped out the new cinema in town. We are moving up in the world in Qatar. They are supposed to even have and IMAX 3-D within the next month. We have come a long way since Nepal.
We saw This Is It and loved it. Nothing makes you feel more like a child of the '80s than Michael Jackson music. I realized how much of Michael Jackson was part of my life. Each song sparked specific memories of my childhood and somehow I felt like I had a personal relationship with him. What is incredible to me is that millions of people feel the same way, and yet, I don't think he had a very personal relationship with many people at all. You could tell that he really was lonely on the top. His only comfort zone was the stage and he seemed socially stunted otherwise. The man was a machine. A skinny, freaky, quiet, and talented machine. Go see it and relive some of your '80s memories.
The movie also had to have a Middle Eastern touch. Every time Michael would touch his crotch, we saw a big, black marker line across the screen. It made it easy to count how many times it appeared in the movie. Only thrice. Not bad for MJ.
3 comments:
He only grabbed his crotch three times? Shocking.
You will always be the person who told me he died.
Hey, your other post about a month of celebrations isn't allowing comments so I'll post here what I was going to post there--
I miss Nepal FOR you. It seems, somehow, to suit you better than compound living in a ritzy country. TONS more character and adventures in Nepal.
Thanks, Stacy. I do miss Nepal in so many ways. I am trying to think of this as a pit stop. I think we will be somewhere that is far richer in culture sooner than later. In knowing that, I try to just think of this as a vacation. It has helped--a little.
Post a Comment