The first National Park we visited was Lake Nakuru. It is relatively small but has loads of biodiversity. It holds more than 500 different bird species and is home to the black and white rhino. Gorgeous!
Some of our sightings were:
Giraffes-a-plenty
Carmine Bee-Eater
Starlings
Lilac-Breasted Roller

Buffalo
Flamingos at the lake
We used to see these birds all the time in the UAE. Dubai has a beautiful sanctuary that we would pass at least once a week on our way to church. If you asked Sedona what her favorite animal of the trip was, the flamingo would be it. Elephant? Meh, it's grey. Not pink.
The white rhino was not actually named for the color, but was really a miscommunication between the Dutch using the word weit (wide-referring to its square lips that can cut grass so efficiently) and the natives.
Impala, usually found with one male and over 15 females. Not a bad way to work, if you ask me.
Who can resist a zebra's butt?
Note the nasty Marabou Stork in the background.




5 comments:
WOW. Thats all I can say.
I love the pictures so much. That misty morning is breathtaking.
What a great life you've made for your family! I love all the adventures you've shared with your children.
So cool. I love the story of the french fries. I wish you had a picture of Xavier offering his fries. :P
Oh, and the misty morning pictures are amazing, too.
Post a Comment