Hyena
The jackal
African Elephants
Marabou Stork
Secretary Birds-Axel's hopeful find.
Lions- We saw more lions than any other animal in Africa. We saw them sleeping, mating, and hunting.
Grey Crowned Crane
Axel's favorite find- a worm snake. While describing the significance of this creature Axel had to say 'extremely rare' about 200 times. We spent 3 days in the Mara and it was a rush the entire time. The roads were crap, but the animals were magnificent, and so were the sunsets.






9 comments:
I loved the photos! You need to have a whole album devoted to just Kenya. All the cool birds were my favorite. And a worm snake??!! NO WAY (I say giggling)!
I am dying over every detail of this trip. Thanks for posting about it. I can't even imagine. What an experience for your kids. How did you even end up in Africa from where you are? Just a family vacay? Amazing.
Oh wow oh wow oh wow!! BTW...I HATE worms!! Those lions..crazy crazy!
your tent...has tiled floors and stucco walls. hahahaha...
beautiful...how close to the mating lions were you? They were looking right at your camera...
We should put together a series of paintings for an art show...sunsets around the world. Get moving on yours...I've got to start mine, but I think I'm going to end up doing it in watercolors. My oils still haven't been opened.
WOW, WOW, WOW yet more WOW!
What amazing photos. Thanks for sharing so many. The birds - I never think about such beautiful birds being in Africa!
So many thoughts.
1. Is that fruit naturally alcoholic or does it need to ferment? Did you try it? :P
2. It's a good thing you took some pictures of yourselves now and then or one might've wondered if these photos were pilfered from National Geographic. Amazing!
3. I love that your tent was "5 Kofi Annan." What were the others called?
what beautiful pictures and what an amazing journey. if only we could all have your lifestyle!! :) u r truly blessed.
I am soooo jealous! That looks amazing!
Post a Comment