
Here is my latest creation. I have been working on this smocking plate since I moved to Doha, which is truly sad since I can usually crank these out in a week. (That is, if I am focused and speedy--two attributes I don't seem to possess at the moment. The heat hurts my momentum.)
This was the first week Sedona wore the dress to church. The plate I used was 'Rain, Rain Go Away' and I used the 'Anne' pattern.

She is also sporting some serious black eyeliner and lipstick compliments of my maids in the morning.

Apparently, if you smock it, it will come. We had the best thunder/lightening storm we have ever experienced in Doha. The instant the kids heard thunder, they stripped into their skivvies and screamed at the top of their lungs. I am sure the neighbors appreciated the extra sound effects.


Since it is already started to hit well over 100 degrees here, maybe I need to smock a snowman.
1 comment:
Oh, yes, please smock a snowman. I love this post - how your thoughts are all tied up so beautifully with a connecting thread of rain. You are just a clever woman.
Post a Comment