I have to say that I am the luckiest woman in the world to have the finest men in my life. My father has been an excellent example in my life and has taught me all I needed to become the person I am today. One thing my father taught me was to never take myself too seriously and never to be intimidated by other people. I will always remember the time when I was watching Fashion TV and all these gorgeous models were making their way down the runway. I was just a typical teenager and very conscious of how I looked at the time. I knew he could tell and he turned to me and said,
"You know, Terah, those girls are just people who do the same things as you and I. They pooh, they pee, and they pass gas. In fact, they could be passing gas all the way down the runway and you wouldn't know."
From that time on, I can never see those runway models without giggling under my breath. I am so thankful for the lessons my dad has taught me.
I am also lucky to have married a very strong, talented, and intelligent man like Axel. I know I married my soulmate because together we are infinitely better people. He helps me focus on what is important in my life and makes me become a better person. He is determined and ambitious when he decides something is important. He goes through the fires of life with strength and conviction when many others would run the other way. I am in awe of his talents and abilities. There are very few things Axel won't try and he is rarely-- if ever--intimidated. His creativity and perseverance is amazing. 12 years ago, I married a great, great man.
Axel had to head off to Dubai this week for an intensive budget meeting. It wasn't much of a Father's Day for him. Instead, I am searching for vacation packages to Afghanistan. He wants a trip to Kabul to buy carpets for Father's Day. Really, who wouldn't?
1 comment:
Yikes, really . . . Kabul? This is a great post tribute to two great men. I might have to watch Fashion TV more now when I need a good laugh.
Post a Comment