Friday, June 11, 2010

Singing and Stuff


Heavah's concert was last week and it involved a lot of singing and dancing. I must say, for as much oil money that is poured into this school (Shell, Exxon, etc. all offer plenty of cash to keep the school top notch), the theater program pales in comparison to Nepal. The most interesting part was what Heavah said after the concert:

"Mom, I must say that kind of singing isn't really my style."

AND

Heavah: Mom, I felt a little strange dancing in circles on the stage. When my back was to everyone I was worried about my butt.
Me: Why would you say that?
Heavah: I just know I have a big butt and I kept trying to squeeze it so it didn't looks so big.
Me: Why would you think that your butt is big?
Heavah: I know I have dad's body, and he has a huge butt.

Those of you who know Axel well are smiling right now.

Xavier and Heavah's school has officially ended and summer has begun! In celebration, I am taking Heavah to Dubai tomorrow. (Xavier got a Wii, so he is content playing many mindless hours of games this weekend.) I was tempted to extend the trip to Thailand. They are giving away flights and hotels. But, I am burnt out of traveling. Yes, I said it. I am burnt out.

3 comments:

Nortorious said...

We've been thinking about hitting Thailand this summer. Which site has great deals?
Ax has a massive butt. It's true.

Dianna said...

Heavah is so funny! I like how you kept asking her why she would think those things instead of just laughing. It is always hard to keep a straight face at those times. Why would she think she has Axel's body?! I guess I will have to notice his backside next time I see him. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.