It has only taken me over a week to put this together. Downloading pictures in Qatar is a nightmare. It is painfully slow.
Enough of my woes.
Heavah and I rocked Dubai. It was a blast.

The highlight was going to the Atlantis aquapark for an entire day. It only cost about 75 bucks in taxi services to get there but it was worth it. What surprised me what how few people were there. No line ups. No congestion on the lazy river. Must be a recession.

We did this ride and hated every minute. The shark tank
looks intimidating, but your are so scared out of your pants the whole way down you might as well be in a drug induced coma. There was no way I was looking. I was just hoping the laws of gravity still applied to me.


Heavah and I also indulged in some salon fun. She got an adorable hair cut. It was about time. She hasn't had one since we lived in Dubai. I keep thinking I can cut kids' hair. I can't.

Heavah's wish was to have as much sushi as her stomach could handle.
Oh! Sushi was the restaurant of choice and she showed off her chopstick skillz. She also ate pickled ginger like it was an appetizer
and dessert.


We, of course, dragged Heavah to the Blue Souq in Sharjah to look at carpets. She was ready and willing, but in the end, she still voted this Crate and Barrel wool carpet as one of her favorites. I must admit it was freakishly soft and comfy, but my only question is how the heck do you vacuum it and what happens when my dog pees on it? Those two questions baffled me so much that I refrained from purchasing it.

I also refrained from purchasing
any carpet this time around. Axel and I were both shocked at how little impressed us, despite the many Afghani/Indian salesmen pitches. We both found ourselves saying 'meh' and moving on. It was depressing and made us love Bahrain that much more.
The trip was a success. We got to see and do many things and Heavah fell in love with Dubai all over again. Continually she said, 'Dubai is lovely. It seems to have everything. I wish we lived here again. But we aren't and that is okay. I have friends in Qatar, and it is alright.' The entire dialogue was entertaining to hear because I could see her process of thinking and I rejoiced in her positivity.
We were tempted to join Axel on his trip to Dubai again this week. I was planning on taking Sedona, but needed to nest a bit. Many things are going on in the Bromley home. I just haven't felt inspired to write any of it down. I think it is the sandstorm that blew through the past day or so. It makes me want to crank up the A/C, cozy myself in a blanket, and read a book. A snow day if you will.
5 comments:
First off, love the new layout. Very chic.
Secondly, we saw that water slide/shark tank on The Amazing Race! It was one of the most exciting episodes of the season! But I have to agree--it looked just awful. :p
Stacy- Thanks about the layout. It was about time. I was too nervous to change thing for fear that I would delete my entire blog. I finally saw the new format and took a risk. I also like the new look. It works.
Yep, that water slide is insane. They have two different slides at two different water parks in Dubai. The kids are always ready and willing, and I never refuse for fear that they would call me a wimp. Name calling still scares me.
After the bungee jump thing I could never call you a wimp. Your trip sounds great. I like the snow day analogy - a lot. I am really enjoying The Pillars of the Earth for book club. I just started and I love it when I have a LONG book that I enjoy because then I don't have to say good bye to the characters for a long time.
ok...so does this mean that you had something done to YOUR hair? We need to see pics!
Post a Comment