During the summer, half the population in the Middle East disappears. The minute school is out, everyone leaves for their home country or ventures off to a much cooler place. For some reason, each summer I am in the Middle East, I find myself stuck here with nowhere to go. I am either pregnant or about to move. When I found out that we were moving to Qatar almost a year ago, I dreaded this time of year.
The anticipation of this summer brought me great anxiety. The thought of having all my kids at home, in an ice box, unable to leave, seemed like torture. Most of their friends are gone and we are here to fend for ourselves.
However, something miraculous has happened. The summer here has been completely comfortable for a number of reasons. I have found a new appreciation for Doha, and I don't seem to mind it here so much. In fact, I am trying to focus on the great things of Qatar, because inevitably, we will be off to a new adventure.
Why I love Doha:
Reason #1
My compound gym

This state-of-the-art gym is all mine at any time of the day. I also have a sauna and steam room to relax in after my daily routine. It seems a little strange sitting in a sweat room that is probably cooler than outside, but that is where I allow the coconut oil settle in my hair and read the Ensign. It is heaven to me.
I also have the luxury of running on the treadmill while watching my kids burn out some of their energy or fight over who gets the dolphin floaty.


Stay tuned for the following #9 reasons. Try to contain your excitement.
3 comments:
Way to focus on the positive! Yes, our compound is great, especially with the Bromleys.
Agghhhhh! He's SO CUTE!! Let us know if you want to escape the heat and visit the east coast of the U.S. this summer. :)
Life sounds pretty good. I'm so glad you've been able to find good things to focus on. Your treadmill and the view of the pool reminds me of Malta. At the gym I'd look out onto the Med. I couldn't believe the life I was living out there. How dreamy for anyone and there I was living it. You'll look back on Doha and miss it. But you already knew that.
Post a Comment