Thursday, July 8, 2010
Mancation
Axel's friend, Brad, came to visit us during his summer break. He just graduated from the Air Force Academy and needed some downtime. It has been really fun having him around. Axel and Brad were going to take off to Afghanistan and then decided on Pakistan. Both trips didn't work out for various reasons so instead, they did an impromptu visit to Dubai. Here are some photos:
Skiing at Ski Dubai:



Cruising around in the Ibn Battuta Mall starting at the Egyptian pavilion.
On to Persia...
Ending in China.

Axel picked up some pork because we live in a pork free country. Then he found out he could have been put in jail if he was caught. Is jail time worth fresh bacon in the morning? I am still trying to decide.
Their final stop was the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. In a way I am glad they did this one without me. I know I will go up eventually, but I am working up to it. The pictures didn't reassure me.


Their trip was short, but it seemed to be fun. They did a bunch more, but I think it is top secret. What do boys talk about when women aren't present? I am still trying to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Man, Brad is all grown up!!
You've posted yet another place that we've seen on The Amazing Race (we love that show -- you guys ought to consider it; you'd be pros!) -- that indoor skiing place!
those chinese ceilings are pretty close! We would know wink wink
Stacy, it's funny, I have never seen an entire episode of The Amazing Race. Now I am intrigued.
Amber, so true! I had been to Ibn Battuta Mall a million times and it wasn't until after I saw these pictures that I appreciated the China section.
Believe it or not, I prefer it to American Idol (it's just not quite as fun to blog about it). :P It's a great show. It's won like 10 Emmys while AI has won none. Pretty telling.
Post a Comment