Friday, July 16, 2010

Xay's Talk


Typically, our Doha primary consists of over 60 kids. During the summer, it diminishes to about 10% of that number. As a result of the dwindling numbers, Xavier gave a talk this past Friday and Heavah is in line for next week. The following Friday I will be RS President, YW President, Nursery Leader, Activities Chairperson, and Parking Coordinator. It is hard not to overuse the members during the summer. I suppose they think if you are crazy enough to stay, you deserve the 50 callings.

I wasn't present during Xavier's talk because I am currently consulting in Dubai. Axel's tough love approach in helping Xavier with his talk was to simply enlist Heavah as his mentor. Apparently, the dialogue was heartwarming and sweet sounding to any parent's ears; and on the day of the talk, Heavah even stood at the podium with Xavier in case he needed any help.

Axel sent me these photos. Not only does it melt my heart, but it is also proof to them that they love each other very, very much. Sometimes they could use a wee reminder.


1 comment:

Dianna said...

That is great! Not many of us have pictures of our kids giving talks - only in Doha could you do that. I'm sorry you have to run the ward while we are all gone. I'll bet you and Afton have everything going smoothly though.